Friday, September 4, 2009

Dye Day


Today I tried a new dyeing technique...it didn't go as planned but I am sure this wool will find a place in some project or another. I overdyed some "blah" tan wool with 5 different colors - did one in a crockpot and one in a mason jar.


Dyeing wool is very meditative for me. In fact, dipping wool in a vat of dye is like meditation - the more I dip myself into that inner space, the deeper and richer my life becomes. Unfortunately I was a bit scattered and felt somewhat rushed today - not the best time to try a new technique. Not the best time to start a new venture.

Above you see some before and after pictures....or should I say "after and before"? The results, although not what expected, are still quite pleasant. I guess we call that grace?

No comments:

Post a Comment